About the Company
Enterprise Holdings is the world’s largest car rental service provider, comprised of three brands, Alamo, Enterprise, and National. Founded in 1957, family-owned, privately held and have had only three CEOs, they now have 93,000 employees and 9,000 locations, with customers having access to their 1.7 million rental vehicles. Their current CEO, Pamela Nicholson, was named one of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in Business for the past nine years.
About the Position(s)
The work-at-home jobs available at the time of this writing are call center positions: customer service representative, reservation sales, reservation sales in French/Spanish, and escalation support.
The customer service representative position and the reservation sales representative, per the Enterprise Holdings website, are described as: “The Contact Center provides support to all three brands and their business operations. Working from Home as a Reservation Sales Representative, you will handle back-to-back inbound calls from customers inquiring about renting a vehicle. The Representative’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques and all available tools. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, sales-minded, and customer-focused. This position offers paid training, competitive benefits and discounts, and a professional and friendly team environment.”
- Responsibilities: Handling customers in a professional and courteous manner, overcoming objections to close the sale, working with a number of databases, and multi-tasking (such as talking to the customer while accessing information on the computer).
- Skills/Requirements: Computer literacy and quick learner of technical information, as well as ability to trouble-shoot and fix minor computer problems; good typing, data entry and spelling skills; detail oriented; ability to meet deadlines and goals with minimal supervision.
- Qualifications: Must be authorized to work in the United States; at least 18 years old; a minimum of 6 months of experience in either customer service or sales; a minimum of 1 year work experience at the same employer. Must be able to work 40 hours per week; morning, afternoon and evening schedules based on need and both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday).
- Technical/Computer Requirements: At the time of this writing – PC with Windows 7, 8 and 10; USB headset with microphone; high speed internet access by a cable or DSL provider (see website for specific speed requirements). \
- Location: Although a work-at-home position, there are location requirements, which will be clearly stated in the job description.
- Training: Training for the CSR position is from 9:00-5:30 for 3 weeks, and is paid training.
- Pay: At the time of this writing, pay starts at $12.50 per hour. The job is full-time and CSRs/sales reps are required to be available to work both weekend days (Saturday and Sunday); morning, afternoon and evening hours are available.
What are They Saying Around the Web?
Glassdoor: When I applied the filter to work at home jobs, the average rating was 2.8 out of 5 and the most current work at home current employee review was 4 out of 5. 100% of reviewers approve of the CEID and Pam Nicholson (current CEO) is the highest rated CEO on Glassdoor in 2016. Read the Glassdoor reviews here.
Indeed: It’s a bit more difficult to isolate the work-at-home jobs on the reviews at Indeed, but the overall rating for the company was 3.6 out of 5, with over 4,700 reviews posted. If you read through the reviews, the work-at-home jobs are frequently identified, such as this review which gave a 3 out of 5 rating:
“Great at home program!!
Customer Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) – St. Louis, MO – December 16, 2015
Great employees, friendly, kind, caring. Everyone in my department got along great together which made for an easy and productive day.”
This reviewer gave a 4 out of 5 rating:
“Working from home is harder than it sounds
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) – St. Louis, MO – July 7, 2016
A typical day at work revolved around assisting customers with car rentals. I learned that people are not always as prepared as they should be when dealing with a reservation sales agent. Management seems to change quite frequently. The hardest part of the job was staying disciplined to work the allotted schedule you were given.”
The two reviews above are just a sample of the more recent work-at-home job reviews for Enterprise, but we encourage you to check out Indeed for more reviews.
WAHM (Work at Home Moms): The information on WAHM.com is not extensive, but the threads have some general information and a lot of it is about the hiring process. To read more, click here.
Where to Apply
To search for available positions and begin the application process with Enterprise Holdings, click here. On that page, make sure to scroll down to the “Find Your Fit” section and click on the box labeled “Work From Home.”
- Many comments on forums and message/job boards from current and former employees stress that this is a very fast-paced call center with full-time positions, which you should keep in mind if you are considering applying. Call center jobs may not seem like a job that will wear you out—but trust me, as someone who has “been there/done that,” it can be physically and mentally tiring.
- The call center positions are sales-focused, (even if stated as a customer service role) so sharpen your sales skills and be prepared to make offers and close the sale.
- In our opinion at the Work at Home Resource Guide, the hourly base pay being offered is higher than many of the other virtual call centers—we didn’t say great, just in comparison to what is out there—so kudos to you for that, Enterprise.
- As an employee—and not an independent contractor—there are employees benefits. Company benefits include employee discounts, paid and unpaid time off, 401K, profit sharing, various insurance programs, and others, which is a general description and specific eligibility will be dictated by applicable Plan Documents, Policies and other governing documents.
- Enterprise recommends you only complete one application for a job posting and it should be based on your location. The application must be fully complete and the process should take approximately 15 minutes.
- There is no landline phone required, which is great if you have given up your landline and don’t want that added expense.
- There were some general comments around the web that some people (not all) did not start working immediately after completing training, so don’t get caught off guard and make sure to review that with your recruiter if you are offered a position.
- From what we have researched, there are multiple interviews before getting hired and in general, Enterprise does not appear easy to get into, but if you believe you are a good fit – go for it!
Good luck in your search!